Dill is a very useful plant that can withstand temperatures as low as -4 degrees Celsius. That is why planting seeds of greenery in open ground is recommended in early spring. The best predecessors for planting are cucumbers, cabbage, beans and potatoes.
To get a good harvest of greenery it is recommended to know some details of this business. Why not grow dill in the garden? That is what we will continue to talk about.
The main reasons why the dill does not grow and grow in the garden?To get good seedlings, it is necessary to sow dill very early.
The main causes of poor plant growth are:
- increased soil acidity;
- insufficient lighting;
- wrong seed preparation;
- the bad the seeds;
- surplus fertilizer.
We will talk about all this further in detail.
Dill though unpretentious plant, but it requires fertile soil for normal development. And if the soil is infertile or even sour, beautiful lush and bright green bush, you will not wait.
Gardeners do not even recommend on acidic soils to resort to the liming of the land. In this case, a similar procedure should be carried out a few years after planting dill, already under a different cultivated plant.Soil fertility affects dill growth
Saplings love the humid environment very much, especially if it is the summer season. That is why it is impossible to prevent cracking and formation of crusts on the land. Otherwise, the culture will shoot an arrow early for flowering, but worst of all, the seeds will be inferior. Their gardeners are not advised to use the next year for planting.
For the normal development of dill it needs to provide good illumination. Otherwise, green leaves may turn yellow, and the stems will be too thin. Practice shows that such greens need to receive light about 16 hours a day. That is why it is worth choosing the right land for planting.
Much depends on the quality and proper selection of the seeds themselves. You can often hear commendable words about such varieties of dill as Alligator and Kurai. They are late. In this advertisement tells about the unique properties of the plant and the possibility of not throwing an arrow for a long time. There is nothing unique in this. Since the variety is late, he simply does not have time to do this.Dill seeds
Very often, people make the same mistakes, not allowing the greens to rise and develop normally:
- if you use already germinated seeds, you can not throw them much. It is recommended to plant very carefully so as not to discourage shoots;
- Do not plant seeds in dry ground. It should be wet, because this plant is very fond of moisture;
- Do not plant seeds only once. It is recommended to make several visits at intervals of two weeks. So you can provide yourself with greens for a long time;
- it is better do not plant seeds deeper than 20-30 mm, otherwise they will rise for a long time;
- increase amount of fertilizer in the soil for dill is not necessary. This will not increase the amount of the harvest, but only raise the nitrate content in greens.
Planting late varieties
It is recommended to sow late varieties in May and June, while you will be able to harvest throughout the summer period. Due to the fact that the variety is late, he does not have time to throw out umbrellas, forming lush and green bushes rich in leaves. This is the main advantage of this kind of greenery. The most popular varieties of late dill is considered to be Alligator and Naughty.
- The mischievous
How to accelerate the germination and growth of dill?
- if dill develops poorly and grows, It is recommended to fertilize the soil. For this, it is best to buy a BIUD, which is diluted in water in the ratio of one to twenty. If you use urea or nitrate (calcium magnesium sludge) in the plant, nitrate accumulation will occur. And this is bad for the human body. If desired, you can apply a complex of fertilizers, for example, dissolve. His only need one tablespoon per bucket of water. This composition is watered plot with dill. The result is not long in coming;
- to improve the germination can go the other way. For this in advance in May and April seedlings are harvested in a regular milk bag. It is laid out on its side, a hole is made in the corner to ventilate the soil and eliminate condensate. After a couple of weeks, the first shoots will appear, which can be swooped into a separate container, for example, into an ordinary plastic cup. The optimum temperature at this time is + 20- + 25 degrees Celsius. In a week, it can be lowered to + 18- + 20 degrees. It is important to ensure that throughout the entire growth of plants soil moisture and looseness. In a month, when it gets warmer on the street, you will be able to plant dill in open ground. Thus, although more time will be spent and get back with greens, but the result will delight you;
- before landing seeds are advised to rinse in hot waterto wash off the essential oil;
- blush dill can from the increased content of ash and lime in the soil, as well as an excess of phosphate fertilizers. That is why such nutrients are prohibited for this type of greens;
- if you decide to use dill spray, the distance between the beds it is necessary to increase from 0.1-0.15 m to 0.2-0.25 m. It is recommended that the plant make room for normal development;
- it is important to ensure correct neighborhood So, he does not like to grow near a tomato, but prefers a neighborhood with cucumbers, beans, onions and cabbage. And in the latter case, dill will be a reliable protection of the cultivated plant from pests, for example, a bear;
- so that after thinning the plants do not fall and quickly regain their strength, it is recommended plant seeds in a harrow zigzag 50 mm wide;
- gardeners advise them to increase seed germination soak for two weeks in the water before germination.
To get a good crop of dill at his dacha and not feel a lack of greens during the summer and autumn, It is recommended to plant several varieties of greens after some time. Although the choice of location and the correct preparation of seeds for planting is an important question. Here you need to think carefully about everything and only then your efforts will be crowned with success.