It is difficult to find someone who is indifferent to cucumbers. Of course, the most delicious this vegetable will be, if it is grown on its own and personally pulled from the garden. But which variety to choose in order to get the minimum of worries and maximum enjoyment when using it? Variety of cucumbers Elegant fully meets these criteria.
Brief description and characteristics of the cucumber Elegant
In the opinion of our readers, the variety of cucumbers Graceful has earned itself a well-deserved authority. It is grown, as a rule, in open ground, where it is naturally pollinated by insects.
Elegant in characteristics refers to early maturingwho firmly endures all the vicissitudes of the domestic weather in the spring months.
With proper care, after 6–9 weeks after planting, the plant will form 4–5 side branches, and makes it possible to harvest the first crop. The fruits of the description have a beautiful ellipsoidal shape, and reach the length 13 cmweighing up to 140 grams.
The pulp of ripe cucumbers has no voids, and contains a minimum of substances that give bitterness. The fruit has a delicate taste and persistent cucumber flavor.The length of the fruits of the Graceful about 13 cm, weight up to 120 grams
Positive and negative features of the variety
The advantages of this variety are:
- resistance to major diseases, high resistance to plant parasites;
- the variety is adapted to short-term temperature drops, is cold resistant culture;
- has a decent aesthetic appearance and high taste;
- By the end of May, the beginning of June will delight lovers of their own fresh vegetables, on average 50 days after planting seeds in open ground;
- helps in pollination of other varieties, acts as a catalyst for cross-pollination;
- acceptable yield up to 7 kg per square meter bed;
- as well as possible is suitable for preparation of fresh salads, but does not lose the qualities when canning.
The disadvantages include an excessive number of male inflorescences, somewhat rough skin of the fruit, very noticeable when used fresh.
Cooking beds for planting
Preparation of the site and soil for planting cucumbers Graceful does not differ original requirements, however, to get decent
the harvest is recommended to follow a set of soil preparation rules, and do not forget about competent crop rotation.
- Like other varieties, Elegant light-requiring and demanding of soil moisture and air. Beds must be formed on the non-shaded, non-windy areas. For more effective development of the plant, avoid areas of low relief: in the lowlands accumulates cold, which depresses them.
- The most favorable soil for planting are loam and sandy, well-fertilized soils with neutral or slightly increased acidity.
- Like many other varieties Graceful reacts well to organictherefore, the use of organic fertilizers will have a beneficial effect on yield.
- In accordance with the rules of crop rotation, cucumbers will feel great in places where onions, cabbage, tomatoes, and potatoes used to be fruitful. It is highly undesirable to plant cucumbers after crops belonging to the pumpkin family: watermelons, melons, zucchini and squash.
- Manure on the cucumber beds is better to make in the fall. Turning into humus, it becomes an easily accessible battery for a given culture, having a root system located in the upper layers of the earth.
- Before sowing, in the spring, each square meter of a bed it is desirable to fertilize 4 kg of humus or compost. At the same time, it is advisable to use the ash as a full-fledged substitute for fertilizers of the potash group, at the rate of 200 grams per square meter of area. If necessary, in early spring, ammonium nitrate and superphosphate of 15 and 40 grams per square meter are applied to the soil, respectively.
- To reduce the acidity of the soil, it should chaff. It should not be forgotten that the liming should not be accompanied by the introduction of manure, since the reaction between these compounds leads to a decrease in the content of nitrogen components. If anti-acid measures are carried out in the fall, fertilization is done in spring.
Basic rules for planting, care and storage
The plot is prepared, go to the sowing of cucumbers. To do this, choose the method of landing - seeds or seedlings, and observe the following rules:
- for planting seeds of cucumber varieties Graceful optimum temperature for heating the top layer mail is 15-18 degrees;
- the land in the planting holes is loosened together with the nutrient composition, consisting of peat, humus, mineral fertilizers and sand, plentifully watered with warm water;
- the seeds are dipped into the prepared soil at a depth 1.5-2 cm, after that the garden bed is mulched and covered with garden film.
Seedlings are planted in open ground, during the formation of the plant 3-5 leaves and average temperature 20 degrees. When planting seedlings should be used landing containers: cucumber painfully transfers dive. We do not disregard the process of hardening of young plants.Grade cucumber seeds
Caring for cucumbers varieties "Elegant" is standard, does not require agrotechnical delights. And is to:
- periodic watering of plants warm water and loosening topsoil;
- watering every decade is accompanied by the addition of top dressing;
- A bush of 5-6 lashes is formed by pinching the main stem between the third and fourth leaflets;
- in the summer for irrigation use sprinkling methodthat has a positive effect on the process of photosynthesis;
- this variety not susceptible to major diseases, but for greater safety, once every two to three weeks it is advisable to carry out preventive spraying.
Collect ready-made fruits as they mature, with the acquisition of the size characteristic of this variety. It is not necessary to wait for the yellowing of cucumbers: the rind of the fruits torn off with delay becomes coarse, the cucumber loses its taste and commodity qualities.
Do not use sealed packaging for storage: the lack of fresh air contributes to the development of green stuffiness and rapid loss of quality.
The benefits of the Cucumber Grade are obvious. We hope that our recommendations will positively affect the yield.